Gluten-Free Vegetable Stew
Being a vegetarian doesn’t mean your foods should be dull and unappetizing. You have no idea how delicious you can make your vegetable stew to be by simply using a recipe emphasizing each vegetable’s flavors. Try this gluten-free vegetable stew recipe that can make your whole family mumble “yummy” at the dining table.
SCROLL DOWN FOR THE RECIPE FOR GLUTEN-FREE VEGETABLE STEW
Are you new here? I also have the following posts to help you live gluten-free without the stress!
- How to live a gluten-free lifestyle when you are CRAZY busy
- 13 Healthy Gluten Free Foods for Kids
- How to eat out SAFELY when you’re gluten-free
- How to make ANY recipe gluten-free
- 4 Steps for preventing gluten CROSS CONTAMINATION in the kitchen
…and of course, you should join my EXCLUSIVE Facebook community “Stress-Free Gluten-Free” by clicking here!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My full disclosure isn’t that interesting, but you can find it here.
Why You’ll Love This Vegetable Stew
This is a healthy yet filling vegan vegetable stew recipe!
The options to personalizing this recipe are almost endless: many of them are listed below with the ingredients.
It’s a simple recipe! It will only take about 10 minutes to chop your ingredients and then the recipe practically cooks on autopilot!
Be sure to add this super-simple recipe to your weekly menu, and keep reading for the recipe!
Are you ready to simplify your dinner routine?
Download “FIVE IN FIVE”–my FREE
e-cookbook of simple & easy gluten free dinners containing 5 ingredients or less!
Ingredients for Gluten-Free Vegetable Stew
This vegan recipe couldn’t be easier to whip up! Most of these ingredients can be found at your local grocery store, but you’ll find great deals on healthy cooking oils, and gluten-free spices Thrive Market.
To make this stew, you will need white mushrooms, green beans, plant butter, sweet corn kernel, carrots, garlic cloves, and pepper.
Full List of Ingredients for Vegan Vegetable Stew:
- cubed Russet Potato
- sliced carrot
- diced onion
- chopped garlic
- green beans
- diced green bell pepper
- sweet corn kernels
- sliced white mushrooms
- dried herb de Provence
- sea salt
- mushroom powder
- vegan plant butter (or regular butter if not vegan)
- olive oil or avocado oil
- potato starch dissolved in water
If you haven’t tried using mushroom powder in your soups, what are you waiting for? It gives this stew a great flavor while also providing a nutrient boost! Mushroom powder may be difficult to find at your local supermarket, but you can find my favorite brand, OM, at Amazon or possibly even cheaper at Thrive Market. Be sure to cost compare before ordering!
Click here to see OM mushroom powder at Amazon.
Click here to see OM mushroom powder at Thrive Market.
Gluten Free Vegetable Stew Ingredient Substitutions
Okra is a perfect option to use in place of green beans. It gives the same crunchy texture that makes the stew even tastier.
You can also replace potato starch with cornstarch if you want a thick opaque look for your stew. Just make sure you’re using gluten-free cornstarch.
If you prefer using rice instead of potatoes, do your thing!
Want to add some fiber? Try adding some rice or beans.
Tools Needed for this Vegetable Stew
Once you have all your ingredients in place, you also need tools and appliances that will make your cooking dream a reality.
A stainless-steel stockpot will come in handy as its inert material doesn’t react with food. Hence, it’s an incredible option for your cooking.
I really like this one by HOMICHEF.
Also, a cutting board is also a must-have for every vegetarian dish. I love these cutting mats as they make it easy to prevent food cross contamination.
Other tools may include measuring cups, spoons, peelers, and mixing bowls. Don’t forget a ladle; you’re going to need it.
Full List of Tools Needed for this Gluten-Free Vegetable Stew Recipe:
- Stainless steel stockpot
- Measuring cups and spoon
- Wooden spoon (be sure that it’s dedicated gluten-free to avoid cross contamination)
- Chopping board
- Little mixing bowl and spoon
Gluten Free Vegan Vegetable Stew Recipe: Step by Step
Heat olive oil in a large stockpot on high. Sauté garlic and onions for 3-5 minutes.
Add herbs and mushroom powder and salt and cook for 5 minutes.
Slowly stir in potatoes, carrots, and celery. Close the lid and cook for 10 minutes.
Add the rest of the vegetables and cook for 5 minutes.
Pour water in and bring it to a soft boil. As soon as the water boils, turn it down and simmer with a lid for 30 minutes.
Turn the heat up and let liquid boil again for 10 minutes. Add potato starch mixture. As soon as the liquid thickens, turn stove off.
Scroll down for the printable recipe, and then be sure to download the FREE e-book of easy weeknight gluten-free dinners!
Don’t forget– Clear the confusion and make dinner simple with “FIVE IN FIVE”–the free
e-cookbook containing easy dinners you can make with 5 ingredients or less!
Gluten Free Vegetable stew
- stainless steel stockpot
- measuring cups & spoons
- wooden spoon
- chopping board
- little mixing bowl & spoon
- 1 large Russet Potato cubed
- 1 large carrot 1/2 inch sliced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup green beans trimmed & chopped 1/2 inch
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup sweet corn kernels fresh, canned, or frozen
- 1 cup white mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbsp dried herb de Provence crushed
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp mushroom powder
- 1 tbsp plant butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil or avocado oil
- 4 cups water
- 1 tbsp potato starch dissolved in water
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot on high. Sauté garlic and onions for 3-5 minutes.
- Add herbs and mushroom powder and salt and cook for 5 minutes.
- Slowly stir in potatoes, carrots, and celery. Close the lid and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour water in and bring it to a soft boil. As soon as the water boils, turn it down and simmer with a lid for 30 minutes.
- Turn the heat up and let liquid boil again for 10 minutes. Add potato starch mixture. As soon as the liquid thickens, turn stove off.
- Serve warm, garnish with fresh herbs if desired.
No vegetarian can resist this delicious stew. Green beans offer some crunch while the other ingredients work on making the stew tasty. In just 10 minutes, you will have your ingredients ready, and you can enjoy the taste of the final meal in only 65 minutes of cooking time.
Above all, this recipe gives you a whopping 6 servings. Ready to invite your vegetarian friends over for dinner? Grab that phone and dial the numbers. It’s going to be a hit!
Do you love this recipe? Use the social sharing buttons to pin this recipe to Pinterest or share it on your favorite social media platform!