A gluten-free pizza quesadilla, or as my kids say: “pizza dippers” can be thrown together quick and is sure to be a lunch (or appetizer, or even dinner!) that everyone can enjoy!
These crisp up nicely and kind of remind me of those frozen pizza bites I used to eat as a kid, but I haven’t found gluten-free version of yet.
But hey—not only is my version gluten-free, but all around healthier!
Keep reading for this gluten-free pizza quesadilla recipe!
Are you new here? I also have the following posts to help you live gluten-free without the stress!
- How to eat out SAFELY when you’re gluten-free
- How to make ANY recipe gluten-free
- How to TRAVEL gluten-free and still have fun
…get valuable support from me, and gluten-free peers, in my EXCLUSIVE Facebook community “Stress-Free Gluten-Free” by clicking here!
The gluten-free guide below is based on personal experience and research. Always be sure to discuss any medical changes with your doctor for your personal medical needs. Additionally, this post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My full disclosure isn’t that interesting, but you can find it here.
Ready to take back control of your meals and love your gluten free life? Take the 45 second quiz to get a personalized plan with the guide you need to thrive!
This recipe for a gluten-free pizza quesadilla is also super versatile.
As a mama with young kids, meals are easier when they make everyone happy.
But it’s absolute necessary to have meal ideas that are quick and easy.
I love experimenting with new recipes, but most of the time I come back to super simple recipes that I don’t have to think about to cook.
You know—you can make it with toddlers pulling on your legs?
Gluten-free pizza quesadillas are one of those meals!
Ingredients for Homemade Pizza Quesadillas
Making these delicious homemade gluten free pizza quesadillas only requires six ingredients. You’ll find these at your local grocery store, but you’ll find great deals on gluten free items like seasonings at Thrive Market.
To make these easy gluten free quesadillas you’ll need:
- Corn tortillas. Most corn tortillas from the store SHOULD be naturally gluten-free, but you can sub any gluten free tortilla of choice like these Siete tortillas made with Cassava.
- Shredded mozzarella. You could sub dairy free cheese here too. See below for ideas.
- Pepperoni. Or other topping of choice
- Italian seasoning.
- Tomato sauce. For dipping! This post has the best gluten free sauce brands!
- Nonstick Cooking Spray.
Can you make these dairy free, vegan, or corn free?
Are you dairy free? Sub the mozzarella with some vegan cheese (I use Daiya because it’s certified gluten free—learn more about gluten-free certification and labeling here).
Curious about cheese on a gluten free diet? This post unpacks what cheeses are gluten free!
Are you a vegetarian? Sub your favorite toppings like black olives or mushrooms!
Don’t like corn tortillas? Swap out the corn tortillas for a brown rice tortilla.
This recipe can be easily modified to fit your needs.
Side note–there’s something about giving my kids food that can be eaten with fingers and dipped in sauce that makes them want to eat.
Does anyone know what it is with kids and dip??
Be sure to add a gluten-free pizza quesadilla to your weekly meal plan this week and pin the recipe for quick and easy reference later!
What’s they key to loving your gluten free life? Take this quick quiz to get a personalized plan with the guide you need to thrive!
GLUTEN-FREE PIZZA QUESADILLA
- 2 Corn Tortillas or other gluten-free tortilla of choice
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella see notes for dairy-free/vegan modifcation
- 4 slices pepperoni see notes for vegan modification
- sprinkle Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce of choice
- gluten-free cooking spray
- Heat pan on medium heat.
- Once heated, spray with cooking spray and lay a tortilla on top of the pan.
- Sprinkle cheese, seasoning, and pepperonis on top of the tortilla. Place a lid on top of the pan so the cheese melts. It should take 1-2 minutes for the cheese to melt.
- Once the cheese is melted, remove the lid and place second tortilla on top. Flip quesadilla and toast the other side for 1-2 minutes so both sides can be toasted.
- Slice the quesadilla into triangles and dip in favorite pizza or pasta sauce
- This avocado oil spray by Chosen Foods is not only gluten-free, but avocado oil is great for high temp cooking and it doesn’t contain soy or other fillers.
- While there are many gluten-free pepperoni products available, I love this one by Vermont Smoke and Cure.
- I love seasoning blends from Spiceology–they are all gluten-free and their Italian seasoning is great!
- Make this recipe dairy-free by subbing your favorite vegan cheese
- Make this recipe vegan by subbing your your favorite vegan cheese and vegan pizza topping
Did you love this easy quesadilla recipe?
Be sure to rate it and pin it to Pinterest or add to Yummly so you can find it again easily!
Here’s some other gluten-free recipes you will love:
- the ultimate guide to gluten-free pizza crusts!
- gluten free lunch ideas for kids
- easy almond flour blondies
- crockpot chili recipe
- easy gluten-free grab & go snack guide