GLUTEN-FREE PIZZA QUESADILLA RECIPE
This post contains affiliate links. If you order through one of these links I’ll earn a small commission at no extra cost to you! My full disclosure isn’t that interesting, but you can find it here.
A gluten-free pizza quesadilla, or as my kids say: “pizza dippers” can be thrown together quick and is sure to be a lunch (or appetizer, or even dinner!) that everyone can enjoy! These crisp up nicely and kind of remind me of those frozen pizza bites I used to eat as a kid, but I haven’t found gluten-free version of yet. But hey—not only is my version gluten-free, but all around healthier!
This recipe for a gluten-free pizza quesadilla is also super versatile. Are you also dairy free? Sub the mozzarella with some vegan cheese (I use Daiya because it’s certified gluten free—learn more about gluten-free certification and labeling here). Are you a vegetarian and or don’t like pepperoni? Sub your favorite toppings like black olives or mushrooms! Can’t stomach corn? Swap out the corn tortillas for a brown rice tortilla. Modify it to fit your needs.
As a mama with young kids, meals are easier when they make everyone happy. But it’s absolute necessary to have meal ideas that are quick and easy. I love experimenting with new recipes, but most of the time I come back to super simple recipes that I don’t have to think about to cook. You know—you can make it with toddlers pulling on your legs? Gluten-free pizza quesadillas are one of those meals!
Side note–there’s something about giving my kids food that can be eaten with fingers and dipped in sauce that makes them want to eat. Does anyone know what it is with kids and dip??
Be sure to add a gluten-free pizza quesadilla to your weekly meal plan this week and pin the recipe for quick and easy reference later!
Are you ready to simplify your dinner routine?
Download “FIVE IN FIVE”–my FREE e-cookbook of simple & easy gluten free dinners containing 5 ingredients or less!
GLUTEN-FREE PIZZA QUESADILLA
- 2 Corn Tortillas or other gluten-free tortilla of choice
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella see notes for dairy-free/vegan modifcation
- 4 slices pepperoni see notes for vegan modification
- sprinkle Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce of choice
- gluten-free cooking spray
- Heat pan on medium heat.
- Once heated, spray with cooking spray and lay a tortilla on top of the pan.
- Sprinkle cheese, seasoning, and pepperonis on top of the tortilla. Place a lid on top of the pan so the cheese melts. It should take 1-2 minutes for the cheese to melt.
- Once the cheese is melted, remove the lid and place second tortilla on top. Flip quesadilla and toast the other side for 1-2 minutes so both sides can be toasted.
- Slice the quesadilla into triangles and dip in favorite pizza or pasta sauce
- This avocado oil spray by Chosen Foods is not only gluten-free, but avocado oil is great for high temp cooking and it doesn't contain soy or other fillers.
- While there are many gluten-free pepperoni products available, I love this one by Vermont Smoke and Cure.
- I love seasoning blends from Spiceology--they are all gluten-free and their Italian seasoning is great!
- Make this recipe dairy-free by subbing your favorite vegan cheese
- Make this recipe vegan by subbing your your favorite vegan cheese and vegan pizza topping