This grain free lemon mug cake for one is gluten free, made with protein, and is the perfect protein-packed low carb muffin recipe made in 2 minutes.
This recipe includes two microwave protein cake options: a keto option and a dairy free option so you can customize for your health goals.
Scroll down for the recipe for this gluten-free grain free lemon mug cake for one made with almond flour and protein!
Are you new here? I also have the following posts to help you live gluten-free without the stress!
- How to live a gluten-free lifestyle when you are CRAZY busy
- The ULTIMATE guide to gluten-free skin care
- How to eat out SAFELY when you’re gluten-free
- How to make ANY recipe gluten-free
- 4 Steps for preventing gluten CROSS CONTAMINATION in the kitchen
…and of course, you should join my EXCLUSIVE Facebook community “Stress-Free Gluten-Free” by clicking here!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My full disclosure isn’t that interesting, but you can find it here.
Grain Free Lemon Mug Cake for One
In our family, we need quick snacks. Having easy sweet treats can be a challenge, but this mug cake is a healthy protein-packed breakfast or snack on the go without a sugar crash one hour later! Win!
Be sure to add this super-simple recipe to your weekly menu, and keep reading for the recipe!
Ready to take back control of your meals and love your gluten free life? Take the 45 second quiz to get a personalized plan with the guide you need to thrive!
Keto Lemon Mug Cake Made With Almond Flour
The keto option for this protein powder mug cake includes dairy. As part of the base you’ll use Keto Chow protein and sour cream as a binder. If you don’t want a Keto Chow mug cake you could try to sub another whey protein instead, but you’ll have to experiment to see if it works in this recipe.
What is Keto Chow?
Keto Chow is a certified gluten-free and sugar-free meal replacement shake. I’ve tried a LOT of protein powders and shakes throughout the years. And when I say a lot…. you’ll be hard pressed to find a protein powder I haven’t tasted.
Keto Chow the BEST tasting I’ve tried. It comes in so many flavors and is customizable to your personal nutrition needs! …And it’s hubby approved.
The best place to buy Keto Chow is from their website directly—so click on through and browse around to see if Keto Chow may be a good choice for your nutritional requirements.
They even have samples of the different flavors! For this recipe I just used vanilla.
If you choose to order, use the links above to save 10% off your order!
Keto Chow Promo Code:
To save 10% at on Keto chow, simply just click this link–no promo code needed. The 10% will be deducted automatically at checkout!
Dairy Free Option
For a dairy free option, you’ll use Arbonne Essentials Vegan Protein as part of the base and use unsweetened applesauce as the binder. When using these ingredients, this recipe becomes suitable for Arbonne’s 30 Days to Healthy Living.
Why Arbonne Protein?
Arbonne Essentials protein powders are not only certified gluten-free and certified vegan, but also GMO project verified and much more!
If you’re looking for a dependable gluten-free & vegan protein powder, this one is the best tasting vegan protein I’ve tried…. and like I said above, I’ve tried a lot! Plus, the price per serving is comparable to that of many other vegan protein powders… except that this one is also CERTIFIED gluten-free.
Click here to learn more about Arbonne Essentials vegan protein.
Looking for a different option? I review the best gluten-free protein powders in this post.
Ingredients for The Grain Free Lemon Mug Cake For One
This easy gluten free lemon muffin is made with just a few simple ingredients and are super speedy to whip up!
With the exception of the Keto Chow or Arbonne Essentials, most of these ingredients can be found at the grocery store—but I prefer to buy my Monkfruit Sweetener at Thrive Market. This recipe also uses almond flour. My favorite brand of almond flour is Anthony’s super-fine almond flour. It makes such a smooth baked good! The best deal on this almond flour is on Amazon.
To make this grain free lemon mug cake for one you’ll need:
- 3 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tbsp vanilla protein powder
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener*
- pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp sour cream (for the keto version)
- 2 tbsp applesauce (for the dairy-free version)
- ½ tsp lemon extract (be sure that your brand is gluten-free!)
Tools Needed for The Grain Free Lemon Mug Cake For One
You’ll need a large mug, a bowl for mixing, and a microwave. That’s it!
I also use avocado oil spray to make sure the cake doesn’t stick to the mug.
How to make The Grain Free Lemon Mug Cake For One
Step 1: Mix the dry ingredients in a small bowl
Step 2: Add the wet ingredients into the dry mix and stir until well mixed
Step 3: Spray a large mug with cooking spray and pour in the mixture
Step 4: Microwave for 90 seconds – 2 minutes
- This time will vary depending on the temperature of your microwave. I recommend starting with 90 seconds and assessing your muffin. It will taste better a bit under-done than over-done.
STEP 5: Eat your muffin!
- For the keto version, I eat with a tablespoon of butter. If following the 30 days to healthy living, I’d enjoy with some berries!
Did you love this easy protein mug cake?
If so, be sure to pin this super easy recipe to your Keto Recipes, Arbonne 30 Days to Healthy Living, or Grain Free Baking Pinterest board so you can access it quick and easy whenever you’re ready to cook it!
What’s they key to loving your gluten free life? Take this quick quiz to get a personalized plan with the guide you need to thrive!
Grain Free Lemon Mug Cake for One
This recipe includes two options: a keto option and a dairy free option so you can customize for your health goals.
- 3 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tbsp vanilla protein *Keto Chow for keto; Arbonne Essentials for dairy-free
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener
- pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp sour cream (for keto)
- 2 tbsp applesauce (for dairy-free)
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a small bowl
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry mix and stir until well mixed
- Spray a large mug with cooking spray and pour in the mixture
- Microwave for 90 seconds-2 minutes (time may vary depending on your microwave. Start with 90 seconds–it will taste better under done than over done)
- Eat up!
Looking for more gluten-free recipes?
Here are more recipes similar to this gluten free mug cake you will LOVE:
- Keto Cinnamon-Swirl Protein Muffins
- No-Soy Steak Marinade
- 17+ Vegan Shakes & Smoothie Bowls
- Homemade Greek Seasoning
- Creamy Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shake